- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR?
- Ways you can help us
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Purchase Christmas cards and hampers
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- Australian Centre for Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
Bookings are now full. Consider booking for a Day in the life of a scientist with your class.
QIMR's free annual High School Lecture Series provides a great chance for students to hear about the latest medical research discoveries, tour state-of-the-art laboratories with a QIMR scientist and investigate careers in science.
It is held in the Auditorium at QIMR Central, QIMR and is attended by up to 1,500 senior science students from South-East Queensland and their teachers.As part of the series, students will:
- Listen to seminars from leading scientists. These seminars are approximately 10-15 minutes each, with 10 minutes for interactive questions;
- Tour a QIMR laboratory with a science ambassador; and
- Participate in a Q&A science career forum. A range of medical and scientific careers are represented in the scientists on the panel.
A Certificate of Participation is available for teachers.
Schools in the metropolitan area may book up to 40 seats.
Students traveling from regional or remote schools take preference for seating bookings.
T +61 (0)7 3362 0307