- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
Bookings for the 2014 High School Lecture Series are now open.
QIMR Berghofer's free annual High School Lecture Series provides a great chance for students to hear about the latest medical research discoveries, tour state-of-the-art laboratories with a QIMR Berghofer scientist and investigate careers in science.
- Series 1 will be held on Tuesday 6 May, Wednesday 7 May and Thursday 8 May 2014.
- Series 2 will be held on Tuesday 22 July, Wednesday 23 July and Thursday 24 July 2014.
The series are held in the Auditorium at QIMR Berghofer, Herston and is attended by up to 600 senior science students from South-East Queensland and their teachers.
As part of the series, students will:
- Listen to seminars from leading scientists. These seminars are approximately 10-15 minutes each, with 10 minutes for interactive questions;
- Tour a QIMR Berghofer laboratory with a science ambassador; and
- Participate in a Q&A science career forum. A range of medical and scientific careers are represented in the scientists on the panel.
A Certificate of Participation is available for teachers.
Schools in the metropolitan area may book up to 30 seats.
Students traveling from regional (North coast,South coast, Darling Downs or further) or remote schools may book up to 50 seats.
In the meantime, consider booking your class for a Day in the life of a scientist with your class.
Schools Education Coordinator Simone Cross
T +61 (0)7 3362 0307