- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
QIMR Berghofer is one of the few academic institutes in the world where a novel concept can be taken from the bench through development, manufacture and Phase I clinical trials. We have a long and prestigious history that spans over 60 years in research toward understanding the immunological, biological and molecular basis of infectious diseases, cancers and immune disorders.
We are at the forefront in:
- Discovery of genes
- Identification of candidate vaccines and cancer therapeutics
- Testing of vaccines and novel therapies at the cellular, animal model and clinical level.
We have specialised facilities for genomics research, microarray and MassArray analysis, transgenic and gene knockout models, models of tumour growth and infectious diseases, confocal and laser dissection microscopy, FACS and cell sorting facilities. We also have access to a number of well established and characterised tissue banks.
QIMR Berghofer is the home of the QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development and also houses a number of specialist laboratories including the Drug Discovery Group and the Protein Discovery Centre.
Currently, we have contracts with over 20 national and international biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Contract research carried out in QIMR has resulted in the discovery and development of cancer therapeutic agents and other commercial products.