- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR?
- Ways you can help us
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Purchase Christmas cards and hampers
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- Australian Centre for Vaccine Development
The Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) is one of Australia's only fully integrated biomedical research and development centres . We have the capability to translate fundamental basic research from the discovery phase through development, scale-up and manufacture, to Phase I and II clinical trials.
We offer a wealth of partnership, collaborative and commercial opportunities for industry and government. We are interested in commercial partnerships to further early-stage technologies.
The Business Development Office plays a pivotal role in translating today's research into tomorrow's clinical treatments and drugs. We work with, and for, the researchers and have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the business of science.
What services do we provide?
- Intellectual property (IP) identification, protection and commercialisation
- Project development, management, budgeting and research contracts including confidentiality and material transfer agreements
- Strategic business and legal advice
- Education and contacts
Contract research and development
QIMR is one of the few academic institutes in the world where a novel concept can be taken from the bench through development, manufacture and Phase I clinical trials. We have a long and prestigious history that spans over 60 years in research toward understanding the immunological, biological and molecular basis of infectious diseases, cancers and immune disorders.
We are at the forefront in:
- Discovery of genes
- Identification of candidate vaccines and cancer therapeutics
- Testing of vaccines and novel therapies at the cellular, animal model and clinical level.
We have specialised facilities for genomics research, microarray and MassArray analysis, transgenic and gene knockout models, models of tumour growth and infectious diseases, confocal and laser dissection microscopy, FACS and cell sorting facilities. We also have access to a number of well established and characterised tissue banks.
Currently, we have contracts with over 20 national and international biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Contract research carried out in QIMR has resulted in the discovery and development of cancer therapeutic agents and other commercial products.
QIMR maintains an extensive Intellectual Property portfolio including technologies in oncology and infectious disease areas. We seek commercial partners who have an interest in the research and development of seed and early-stage technologies that have the potential to grow rapidly into successful businesses.
QIMR currently holds patents in the following areas:
- Cancer diagnostics
- Cancer therapeutic targets
- Cancer vaccines
- Drug delivery platforms
- Infectious disease vaccines
- Therapeutic antibodies
- Vaccine delivery platforms
QIMR has a number of potential licensing opportunities available including cancer therapeutic and diagnostic targets, cancer vaccines and infectious disease vaccines.
Please contact the Business Development Office for more details.