- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR?
- Ways you can help us
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Purchase Christmas cards and hampers
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- Australian Centre for Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
To be accepted as an Honours or Coursework Masters (includes the dissertation component of a coursework Masters degree) student at QIMR, you must:
- Be enrolled through an Australian university
- Have arranged a research project with a QIMR supervisor
- International students must obtain an appropriate visa from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
This process may take up to 12 weeks to finalise and this should be taken into consideration when determining your start date.
You must apply for admission at both QIMR and your chosen university. To apply for admission to QIMR, you or your QIMR supervisor should email the following documents to Melanie.Anderson@qimr.edu.au.
- Completed Honours/Coursework Masters Student Admission form
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Brief project outline (no more than 1 page)
- Academic transcript
- Confirmation of your enrolment (if you are already enrolled)
Once your completed Honours/Coursework Masters Student Admission form and all supporting documents are recieved your application will be considered by the QIMR Higher Degrees Committee (HDC) and you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible. If we have not yet received confirmation of your university enrolment then any approval will be subject to you providing this before you start at QIMR.
Before you can start your project at QIMR you must have:
- Received notification that your Honours/Coursework Masters Student Admission form has been approved.
- Provided current proof of your university enrolment. This document can be a letter from your university or a copy of your unofficial academic transcript. However, it must display the university logo and show that you are enrolled in a postgraduate program for the period you will be at QIMR. An offer of a university place is not sufficient.
- Collected your induction documents from Human Resources.
For help, please contact: E Melanie.Anderson@qimr.edu.au