- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR?
- Ways you can help us
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Purchase Christmas cards and hampers
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- Australian Centre for Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
DiversityWe are committed to equal opportunity for all. All our employees are entitled to work in a safe and enjoyable environment regardless of age, gender, intellectual or physical ability, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, physical appearance or socio-economic background.
Work-life balanceQIMR knows how important it is for our employees to strike a balance between their work and personal lives. We help our people with a range of flexible policies and practices to assist them juggle their commitments.
Gender equality - benefits for women at QIMR
Women at QIMR
61.8% of QIMR’s total workforce and 65.1% of our student population are female. Women hold 36.3% of QIMR’s scientific leadership positions.Women hold significant senior corporate manager and middle managerial roles at QIMR. 30% of QIMR Council is female, and 50% of the Corporate Management Team is female.
Job sharingJob sharing is a great way for our people to keep on the career track while allowing them more time outside of work. A job-sharing arrangement usually involves dividing the workload of a full-time position between two people (usually each working a part-time schedule).
Nursing mothersQIMR caters for nursing mothers who wish to express breast milk during working hours (or as required) by providing private facilities to assist.
Part-timeA part-time arrangement enables employees to work less than 38 hours ordinary hours per week. Employees can apply to work fewer hours per day or fewer days per week subject to organisational requirements and approval by the supervisor/manager.
QIMR Child Care AssistanceQIMR recognises that many women have difficulties returning to the workforce after giving birth. QIMR has secured a number of places with a near by Child Care Centre for infants under the age of two years.
Paid Parental Leave
- QIMR provides 14 weeks paid maternity leave to eligible employees, or 28 weeks at half pay, in addition to the national Paid Parental Leave scheme.
- Additional unpaid maternity is available of up to 104 weeks or for the lifecycle of your grant, whichever comes first.
- Spouses are provided with two weeks paid Spousal Leave, subject to eligibility.