- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Buy Christmas cards and hampers
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
QIMR Berghofer has a strategic plan, the QIMR Berghofer Roadmap, to guide operations of the Institute in a competitive and changing environment.
To be a world renowned medical research institution.
Better health through medical research.
QIMR Berghofer supports scientists who perform world-class medical research aimed at improving the health and well-being of all people.
QIMR Berghofer's areas of focus
- QIMR Berghofer will become a world leader in medically relevant research and transfer this knowledge and understanding to the clinic;
- It will focus on areas that are of high importance to Queensland and that will include regionally relevant diseases and those that are major causes of mortality and morbidity to the community;
- Excellence in research and researchers will characterise QIMR Berghofer; and
- The research programs of QIMR Berghofer will be firmly underpinned by outstanding fundamental research of direct relevance to the research that is closer to translation.
QIMR Berghofer's strategic priorities
QIMR Berghofer's strategic priorities are to:
- Strengthen research activities;
- Introduce a career development structure;
- Support researchers to promote retention;
- Clarify organisational structures;
- Provide a career structure for all researchers;
- Increase inter-institutional collaborations;
- Strengthen collaborations on the Herston campus;
- Diversify income sources for QIMR Berghofer; and
- Increase the focus on outputs.