- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Departments
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Donate Now
- Join the Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Buy Christmas cards and hampers
- Join our Regular Giving Club
- Join the Weekend to End Women's Cancers
- Leave a bequest in your will
- Corporate partnerships
- Workplace giving
- Fundraise for QIMR
- Attend a fundraising event
- Tribute gifts
- In memoriam gifts
- Stories of hope
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
QIMR Berghofer Council Chair
The Institute is governed by the QIMR Berghofer Council.
The Honourable Paul de Jersey AC
Director and CEO
The Director and CEO is responsible for the research work undertaken by the Institute and management of our employees.
Professor Frank Gannon is QIMR Berghofer's seventh Director and CEO.
In this role he is responsible for the research work undertaken by the Institute and management of employees, under the overall control of the Council. Professor Frank Gannon joined QIMR Berghofer as Director and CEO in January 2011.
Professor Anderson is the Deputy Director of QIMR Berghofer and Head of QIMR Berghofer's Iron Metabolism Laboratory.
Secretary and Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing the corporate arm of the Institute.
Donna Hancock is the Chief Operating Officer, Secretary to QIMR Berghofer Council and heads the Corporate Division. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Newcastle University and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Melbourne. She has extensive background in finance, business planning, business development, systems development and commercial management.
Her Excellency Ms Penelope Wensley is the Governor of Queensland and a former Australian diplomat. Born in Toowoomba, she was educated at The University of Queensland where she graduated with a first-class honours degree in English and French literature.